Sweet potato noodles is another great way to use your spiralizer. This recipe would make a really nice side dish since it’s super basic and includes iron from the spinach, healthy starch from the sweet potato, and a good amount of vitamin D from the mushrooms! This dish is lightly flavoured with simply olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, which is all that’s really needed when you stir fry the veggies and all the juices the flavours come to light.
This meal can come together in less than 20 minutes, depending on how fast you can peel those sweet potatoes 🙂 Here it goes!
Serves 4 side dishes
2 large and somewhat straight sweet potatoes
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1 large bunch of spinach
2 handfuls of mushrooms sliced
1 yellow onion sliced
- Peel your sweet potatoes, cut off both ends then spiralize with the bigger linguine setting!
- Slice the mushroom, and onions and mince the garlic.
- Add the olive oil to a stir fry pan heated to medium high.
- Toss in garlic, onions, mushrooms and salt and pepper and sweet potatoes.
- Cook until sweet potatoes are cooked and onions are soft then add the spinach and let it sit on top until wilted.
- Mix it all around and serve!